How-to Build a Farmhouse Dining Table is a detailed video demonstration and written article designed to offer tips and tricks for first time furniture makers, and furniture buyers…and maybe even a few new ideas for the seasoned professional makers. The digital video demonstration posted below documents all of the steps in the process to build a farmhouse table starting from rough-cut, kiln-dried lumber.
When you realize how much time you spend sitting at your dining table, there’s no question this should be a piece of furniture you really enjoy. It’s not just having a nice place to eat your meals, it’s about all the memories, and good times spent with family and friends.
“Farmhouse” tables or Harvest Tables, were common features of 19th-century farmhouse cellars. These tables were typically used for sorting and canning produce. Built by farmers for their own homes — from readily available wood — original pieces are now highly sought and high valued for their sturdy construction and aged patina.
Why Should You Purchase A Handmade Farmhouse Dining Table?
- Quality. Hand-made is always better quality than factory made. Your furniture maker spends more time making your table, and the materials they use are typically better quality as well.
- Uniqueness. With handmade, you can design your own. No one will have the same piece as you. Your table will make a statement about your creative choices.
- Adapted. Got an odd-shaped dining room and need table set to match? Need something to fit in that oddly sized nook? Handmade tables are adapted to your specific needs.
- Good value. Instead of thinking short-term costs, think long-term value. Custom furniture tends to be more durable, so you’ll get more years of use from that handmade table than others.
- Buy local. The purchase of a hand-made table supports local businesses instead of pouring your money into international corporations. You can encourage the local economy by spending your money on local, handmade products.
- Get creative. With handmade furniture, you can build exactly what you want! You can get as creative as you want, experiment with different styles, and find what suits your preferences and needs best. What could be more exciting than having the chance to build your “dream table”?
So now, enjoy the next few minutes watching these videos and see for yourself…
Click this link to view the entire build process: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jhCyPiwYEEiQLh3w9
This is how-to build a farmhouse dining table.
This farmhouse style table was made from kiln-dried Ponderosa Pinewood. The trees were cut and removed from my customers property when they started the construction process of their new home located just north of Colorado Springs, in Black Forest, Colorado. This will be there primary dining table. It will be used everyday for many years to come.
Click here now to learn more about how to make modern rustic dining tables.
And these videos and article will help you learn How-to Stain and Finish Indoor Log Furniture.